The Corporate Services Division is the strategic engine of MoA.
The Division is responsible for projects that have been formulated to support agriculture development and improve food security. These projects include:
- Adaptation Fund: Agriculture component of the Pa Enua Action for Resilient Livelihoods (PEARL)
- Green Environment Facility (GEF): Ridge-to-Reef (R2R)
The above projects allow this Division to:
- Support the full implementation and coordination of information gathering and sharing of agriculture intelligence taking into account the publication rules of confidentiality and commercial sensitivity.
- Provide assistance and support to farmers, farming organizations, the private sector in project development and facilitate the process with the aim to achieve donor partner(s) financial support for potential agribusiness development.
- Administer and provide support on policy governance issues or complaints from farmers, industry groups, public grievances, tenancy and memorandum agreements, contractual disputes and many others and attend to manage, respond with fair approaches in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist the Pa Enua agriculture in relation to policy and strategic planning towards sustainable agriculture while mindful that the island agriculture is under the Island Government administration.
- Coordinate the Food Security teams for carrying out capacity development needs, livelihood assessments, food distribution, respond to actions and livelihood recovery activities after the aftermath of natural disasters for the Pa Enua and Rarotonga.
Advocate on the need to integrate Biosecurity and Livestock into project implementation given the interrelational impact on these areas in the Ministry.